Saturday, November 29, 2008

Moving on

Moving on toward December. So much is happening! Thanksgiving just passed. My kids were able to spend time with my mom who came up on Wednesday and my dad who came over yesterday. They were very happy to see their grand parents.

Katrina has come to the realization her grandparents (Dan's parents and mine) have different last names. She proudly told my mom and dad she knew their last name. This put a smile on both of their faces.

December not only brings Christmas but it also brings my college graduation. It is amazing to me I finally made it to this point. It seems to have taken forever. Actually, it took 22 years! 22 years, a marriage, and 4 children later I finally made it. I have my cap, gown, honors medal and shawl from my honor society to wear. We have a big celebration planned with just my family.

December also brings Christmas. The celebration of my Savior's birth. What a special time. So sad it has become so commercialized. I am trying to think of something I can do here to put the focus on Him rather than on the newest toy on the market.

1 comment:

The Raggedy Girl said...

Amy:
I am so glad that the finish line is in sight. You have worked so hard and how you have managed to juggle all the parts of your life is just amazing. I am so proud of you!

Roberta Anne